As a nature-based healing company, we at Elemental Herbs are forever grateful for the earth’s abundant resources. We see it as our duty to care for them in the same way we care for our own bodies. That’s why we are dedicated to using restorative and responsible business practices.
- Our production facility runs on solar power. That’s right – we make All Good Goop in the Morro Bay Community Center’s kitchen, which gets its electricity from photovoltaic panels on the building’s rooftop.
- Company headquarters are an organic farm and education center. Just up the road, inland from Morro Bay, Four Elements Farm is where our offices reside. The farm is a 55-acre parcel with orchards, gardens, composting toilets and a straw-bale greenhouse. We do residential Permaculture Design Courses once a year, and we host WWOOF’rs (willing workers on organic farms) and farm interns year round.
- Our team is our family. We are a small company, and as we grow, we want our team to grow with us. We create a fun and healthy environment for employees, and we encourage them to care for themselves and their families first. We support them in their own nourishing pursuits.
- We use certified organic ingredients in our products and seek the highest possible medicinal quality in all of our herbs. By purchasing organically grown herbs, oils and raw materials, we are ensured that our ingredients were not poisoned with harmful pesticides, herbicides or chemical fertilizers. All ingredients are sourced for their quality and sustainability and are always organic when available. Going a step beyond organic on our own farm and “herbal test garden,” we are committed to wild land farming that protects wildlife habitat, conserves water, attracts beneficial insects and birds, and builds healthy soil for the future.
- Our products are cruelty-free, tested on consenting humans only. Millions of animals, including birds, dogs, fish, guinea pigs, mice, rabbits, rats, and even monkeys, are tortured and killed for the (often inconclusive) testing of consumer products. We’ve signed the campaign for cruelty free cosmetics and partner with membership affiliates to spread the word: PETA and Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (Leaping Bunny). Please support companies who don’t test on animals.
- We actively oppose the use of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) and find suppliers who are in compliance with this. GMOs wreak havoc on our agricultural and natural systems. By introducing genetically modified organisms into the environment, corporate seed producers have unleashed a self-replicating monster that cannot be recalled. We will always find sources of raw materials that do not contain GMOs.
Thank you for your support and interest in our green business principles. We are constantly evaluating how to deepen these practices, and we appreciate your feedback.
Listen to an interview with Elemental Herbs Founder, Caroline Duell, on business philosophy.